Which Sport Band is moving the fastest right now?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by stephen1108, May 8, 2015.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Can y'all share your experience on ordering a sport band from the store?

I'm thinking about getting a white band for my 38mm watch, and I was wondering what's the turnaround time from others who have also ordered this band #

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Unless it's one of the fancier ones like the link bracelet, I don't think the band you choose will make a difference at all. Shipments are getting slowed down by the watch itself, not the bands. If you're going for 38mm, you're in luck because those are showing 3-4 week ship times versus July for about every 42mm.

3. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

But... the watches come WITH the bands.

4. Kr3tz macrumors member

I orders a 38mm white sports band (band only) on Thursday and it is already shipping :)

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I know. But from all I can tell they're making bands way faster than they can watches, which is what you'd expect. The fact that every 38mm model has a faster ship time than every 42mm model is pretty conclusive evidence. I haven't heard any stories about certain bands slowing down orders. If it was bands, people would probably buy the faster-shipping bands and then swap them at the stores.

Everything I've read points to the taptic engine being the bottleneck in this thing. I'm guessing that there's also some misjudging demand on 38/42mm as well, but most of it is the taptic engine.

6. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

I was asking which band as in which band itself lol not with the watch attached to it. I'm not sure if I made that clear in my original post or not.

----------

Thank you for the input! That's all I really needed to hear

7. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Dude, he's saying he doesn't think it matters which band you choose because they're all being made quickly enough...

8. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

Gosh, I ordered that one a week or so ago and it shows this: "Available to ship: 2-3 weeks
    Delivers: 26 May, 2015 - 01 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping"

Are you in the US?