Which SSD model is in the Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by localshred, Oct 23, 2009.

1. localshred macrumors newbie

Hi all, first post...

I've searched literally everywhere and cannot seem to find out which SSD model is in the Air. Is it an Intel, Crucial, or some other brand entirely? Any help would be great! Thanks

2. localshred thread starter macrumors newbie

Which specific Samsung model is it? Where did you find that out?

Thanks

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I pulled out my SSD the other day to upgrade it to a Runcore... WHAT AN AMAZING DRIVE THE RUNCORE IS! I highly recommend a Runcore SSD if you want to upgrade from an HDD.

However, if you still want to know the part numbers here they are straight off the Samsung SSD. This is from an MBA released a few days after the June 2nd announcement. It's a v 2,1 (rev C) 2.13 GHz 128 GB SSD MBA.

Samsung

SSD P/N: MMD0E28GXMSP-OVA
    Model: 1.8" 128 GB LIF

also labeled:
    SEC-X-28GBSATA2LIF
    Manufactured April 16, 2009
    128GB BBBBB 655 - 1495A

I think the rest is all serial numbers. Let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck.

5. localshred thread starter macrumors newbie

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Glad that's what you needed. Sorry this didn't do it for you.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

LMAO... CALM DOWN. You didn't put that in the first post you made or I wouldn't have taken the time. Actually I would have because that's an old thread too. Actually, that's the thread that made me ponder coming back to the MBA after my original was a FLOP/DISASTER!

Everyone can thank (or NOT) NC MacGuy for my reintroduction to the MBA. It was the review he did that encouraged me to give the MBA another try. It was that rev B that I fell in love with.

It's like remembering a honeymoon just thinking about my rev B MBA and the first full week of use. Now, counting the memories and hopefully many anniversaries with MBAs...

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I'm calm.;)

Actually I did post a link to the pictures to get him as much info as he needed. It was literally one click away.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=8696641&postcount=4

9. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

But had the photo been there he would have thanked you and would have been end of thread. See, you took the time to include the photo when you wanted to prove your point. Point well taken. Sometimes a click away isn't good enough here... LMAO.

I enjoy your posts, always!

Take care.

edit - add: Now you know it's still the same exact SSD as the "new" $700 less expensive v 2,1 MBA at 2.13 GHz.

10. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

scottsdale

do you notice any temperature improvement with the ssd? have you run any virtual machines?

i have been pondering this drive for my other air.

i would think a faster ssd would improve temperatures due to the tasks completing faster.