Which stand would you recommend for a 2011 cMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jessica Lares, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

So I've been using my MacBook Pro in clamshell mode for a few months now after the keyboard died. It takes up a lot of space on my desk so I'm thinking about buying a stand so I can sit it at the back of my monitor and move both back a little.

The problem is which one? Those of you that have a setup like this, which one do you use and do you recommend it? If you have any DIY setups, I'd be open to those too.

I'd like to have it so I can still reach the ports and SuperDrive. That's pretty much my only requirement. I have an Intuos and sync cable connected on the two ports. My keyboard is the one that is wireless.

I just use a 16" Vizio TV as my monitor, so none of the Apple Display stuff will work.

So far I've looked at the AluBase and BookArc stands.

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

3. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

That looks nice. I have a wood desk, so it'd probably be better for the MBP to be floating like that too.

Thanks!

Probably will leave this to linger for a few more weeks, so if anyone else has more suggestions, feel free to post! :)

4. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I also use an mstand with my new rMBP. But once I can find/afford an acceptable monitor to hook it up to, I'll go back to my bookarc by Twelve South.

I love the bookarc for clamshell mode, it's a big space saver and looks nice. If you're not interested in clamshell mode, it would be hard to beat the mstand. I have an old Griffin Icurve that served me very we'll for years. That could be an option!