Which store has the best return policy for MacBook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phillyfan9090, Aug 4, 2013.

1. phillyfan9090 macrumors member

I want to wait for the new Haswell Macbook Pro, but the reality is I need a laptop for college in 2 weeks. So, I was going to buy a Macbook Pro Retina and use it until the refresh comes out. Then return it and buy the new MBP

I know Apple has a 14 day return policy.. and Best buy has a 30 day money back, no restocking fee. right? If so, I was going to buy it from Best Buy and in 30 days return it and hopefully the release will be in September. What other stores have good return policies and do you think this will work?

2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

Best Buy recently changed their return policy to 15 days. But as a premier member, I have an option of returning the ones I bought within 60 days. I was able to buy two 13 in retinas for only $1199 each. So I would say Best Buy has the best return policy.

3. phillyfan9090 thread starter macrumors member

crap! well theyre smart for changing it now. how can i become a premier member

4. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

I believe you have to spend at least $2500 in a calendar year using your reward zone membership. I'm set till February of 2016 :)

5. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Every retailer I can think of has 14 or 15 days on electronics and computers.

It's a shame Costco does not sell apple computers because they have a 90 return policy for their computers.

6. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

To be honest, good luck with that.

Also, what happens if they announce in october? It would be weird to be at school with no computer for a month or so, but it's easily doable. Just use the computers at the campus library for the school work you'd need done.