Which store is having the Tax Free Holiday Weekend??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iRobby, Aug 6, 2011.

1. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

In several threads I have seen people purchasing online and lining up at stores for a tax free holiday weekend starting today. How can you take advantage of it?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You go to a store in a state that is having a tax-free weekend/holiday. How was that not completely obvious?

3. Slow Programmer macrumors regular

In TN purchases made through the Apple Online store are exempt this weekend on computers $1500 or less. It is deducted at check out.

4. django696 macrumors member

django696

5. chuckf1 macrumors newbie

chuckf1

Since this is my 1st post here, I thought I'd start if off with a contribution. I live in N.C. and this is our tax free weekend as well. Last night I went to Apple's website and purchases an iMac.

While in the cart and during the checkout process, the sales tax remains. But when you receive your confirmation e-mail from Apple, the sales tax has gone away. It's now zeroed out.

Hope this helps folks in other states having their tax free holiday.

6. bniu macrumors 6502a

7. Mumzy macrumors newbie

Lol I drove 50 miles here in Tennessee to an Apple Store yesterday to see about getting an iMac 27". However the store had a line of about 50 - 75 people waiting to get in. I didn't know about the tax holiday but I guess that explains things. Needless to day I didn't wait in line; I'll just buy it online instead.