Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Hi guys,

I am wondering which "System Services" I should keep on or off? Also whether or not I should have "Cell network search" set to automatic or manual? Here's my current settings

System Services>all off

Cell network > manual(off)

e2ypuqum.jpg

5yre5e5y.jpg

Thank-you,

Shawn

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I keep all off except cell network and compass calibration. And that's what I recommend to everyone I know that upgraded.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If you're trying to correct a severe battery drain, none of these settings will help you. Switching off certain features can only help you save a bit of juice here and there. I have done four clean installs and have every power hungry setting switched off, yet nothing has cured my horrendous battery drain under iOS7.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I'm not responsible for the Internet. I expect people to read through them, make their own assessment and ignore what they believe to be wrong or irrelevant.

For the internet to operate as intended, you're supposed to take a bogus and arbitrary position, then only present information in support of that position. I mean, c'mon! :rolleyes:

(pssst, thanks for the links)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.