Which tablet should an iphone 4 user get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Davidio5, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Davidio5 macrumors newbie

i have an iphone 4 and i am thinking about getting a playbook or an iPad 2. which tablet should i get?

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

Its really up to you to decide. You haven't told us really what your uses for the tablet is. Since this is an apple forum, you will probably get a lot of people saying the iPad 2. I myself have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 and I like my iPad with my iPhone. I haven't used a playbook, but other people here have them.

3. Davidio5 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i would be using for mostly internet browsing and watching online videos

4. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I'd have a look at the reviews of both and see which appeals most to you.

However, one advantage of an ipad is that many apps can be used on both your idevices.

5. JASApplications macrumors 65816

iPad 2 has a larger and better screen so probably would be better for those 2 things.

6. iLucas, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

iLucas macrumors 6502

If thats all your doing, then I think you would be happy with the iPad 1 unless you have to have the latest and greatest. You can get an iPad 1 for $349, saving you money and satisfying your wants.

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Isn't that more of a disadvantage, having 2 devices to use for the same apps?

8. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Keep it in the family... go with the iPad. It's up to you as to which one...

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Really? A Play Book?

Did you even bother with reviews?

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

This is a no brainer, get an iPad 2

The playbook is crap

11. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Getting a Playbook would make more sense if you had a BlackBerry, since it seems like you can do more with it if you "bridge" it with your BB handheld.

But you got an iPhone. That means none of the apps you already have will work on it, you won't be able to get your e-mail on it, and syncing your stuff on it will be kludgey at best.

Better to get an iPad.

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

theres a lot of functionality built into the playbook that you need a blackberry to utilize...you'll be missing out if you get one while you have an iPhone

14. Jookbox macrumors 6502

I'm pretty open minded about tablets and I think the ipad 2 is probably the best one out. Things may change in the future.

15. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I have i4 and iPad 1 32GB suits me well. Picked it up a few weeks ago from Verizon store for $399. Would have to shell over 50% more for iPad 2 in same capacity, for cams and upgraded RAM/CPU/GPU. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice update, but for what I do, it's not going to be 2x/9x better cpu/graphically. I'm not a hardcore gamer.

Considered selling to keep up with iOS5 when it comes out but Apple isn't going to totally shaft first gen users like the 3G/iOS4 fiasco. Way too much of a customer base to annoy, and the product is 12 months old but still way ahead of competition.

I've considered reselling mine and getting the base 16GB iPad 2 but I think when I need that extra storage, I'll be slapping myself and wondering why I needed all the other specs bumped but capacity reduced to half and pay an additional $100 ($499 for 16GB ipad 2 obviously)

Curious to see what iPad 3 has to offer. And if I somehow fell into an iPad 2 I wouldnt be mad at all haha. and it might be a while before iPad 2 bootrom is exploited for JB (probably what iPhone 5 will have too).

Without JB, I don't like my iDevices nearly as much (but they're still great either way).

AppleTV in particular. All I do is netflix that's stock. All I do that's not stock (most useful) is XBMC. it's a dream.

XBMC on ipad is awesome too.