All iPads Which tablet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Arabinthemist, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Arabinthemist macrumors newbie

It's my birthday coming up soon and I've been looking into new tablets. I'm still in school so ideally it'd be multifunctional. I have my eyes se on an iPad but I have no idea which one to get. I'd want 32 go ideally, but I'd settle with 16. Should I wait for the iPad 5 or get the iPad 4? It'd be wifi only but I wouldn't mind an iPad mini either since they look pretty good. I'm not one to really care for retina as much as processor speed.

I have an iPad 2 but recently it's battery life is getting worse and worse. That's why I'm going for a change. Finally, is it worth jbing the new iPad. I've jbed all my other devices but I don't want to rush into anything just incase :p

Anyways thanks

2. .Asa macrumors regular

I'd wait for the iPad 5. It's rumored to have a design similar to the iPad mini. And yes by all means jailbreak it as soon as the iOS 7 jailbreak comes out.

3. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

The iPad is a great choice for a tablet. Don't underestimate the hardware that's in it compared to others, iOS makes it all worth the while. If you can wait until the iPad 5 is released hopefully this fall then do that, we have no idea what part upgrades will be in it but it's expected to be a new design.

If you're into Windows then the Microsoft Surface may be a good choice, as the prices across the board just dropped significantly, I'm sure it has it's uses but I can't vouch for it.
    Avoid Windows RT if at all possible. My first tablet was an ASUS Vivotab RT, but returned it within 2 days of use. I purchased the 32gb version, but the Windows RT OS took up 16gb! It has no upsides at all either, the only difference between 8 and RT is that you have to install apps from the Windows App store.

4. yth macrumors member

I'd wait for iPad 5. If you are considering the iPad Mini, go with the Nexus 7 instead (or wait for the Mini 2).

I would also check out the Surface. I usually avoid M$ like the plague but they dropped the price and it has good specs. It's also better for school than any tablet you're considering.

5. .Asa macrumors regular

For you maybe, but everyone's needs are different. I am switching to a Nexus 7 soon because I can't stand the restrictions of iOS.

6. Arabinthemist thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just looking at ios for now, I have an android phone, which I love but I'm not so sure I want an android tablet right now.