General Which tethering app do you use UKers?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Djentz, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Djentz macrumors newbie

im trying to use tetherme however whenever i try to go onto the internet with my laptop and nice message from 3 comes up saying that tethering is blocked on my plan etc etc. Has anyone had any luck getting around 3/other uk companies?

2. johndope83 macrumors newbie

I'd love to hear about this as well!:D

Using 3 UK. Planning to get MyWi or TetherMe but don't know if this would work. So far I have 3GUnrestrictor and working just fine downloading 50MB+ from the Appstore.

3. Djentz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

They detecting the Browser User Agent string. e.g.:-
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19

It's rather obvious that it's running on a PC and not a phone.

They only method i know that works at the minute is go to whatsmyuseragent.com on your phone and see what user agent information is returned. (This is what i see on my PC when i visit the site - Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0)

Now go to cydia and download user agent faker if you want to tether a iPad or if you want to tether a laptop find the user agent faker for your browser (firefox is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/)
    Then replace the user agent information from the browser/iPad with the details you got from your phone when you went to whatsmyuseragent.com.

Once you have completed the steps above you should be able to tether from your phone

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If I need to tether, which is rare, I just activate it on my O2 plan...it's not vastly expensive if you disable images etc. and is only an emergency thing anyway.

6. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

if I need to tether my ipad and I don't have my mifi I just use the personnel hotspot feature