Which tethering app for me?

noobinator

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
I've been reading threads about using MyWi and how Rock is bad so I'm confused on which would be the best for me. I want to tether to a Dell Netbook and a 13" MacBook Pro. Is MyWi the easiest?

And how do these work in general? Will the laptops just recognize my IP4 as a network and I hit connect? I'm assuming I can secure it too.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I've been reading threads about using MyWi and how Rock is bad so I'm confused on which would be the best for me. I want to tether to a Dell Netbook and a 13" MacBook Pro. Is MyWi the easiest?

And how do these work in general? Will the laptops just recognize my IP4 as a network and I hit connect? I'm assuming I can secure it too.
Do you need WiFi tethering? If so, MyWi hands down is the best. If you can deal with USB-only tethering, then just do the CommCenter patch thats listed in the main iPhone Hacks forum.

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
I am actually using mywi right now! I am going about 70MPH and its really awesome, of course I am not driving! The speeds are great and I cannot wait til my trail ends to support the developer of this app

noobinator

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
what is with the package "MyWi (No Rock)" in Cydia? Does this one not work? I'm assuming it doesn't since everyone complains about Rock.