Which third party cases are closest to the Apple Silicone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by warpdrive, Oct 24, 2018.

1. warpdrive macrumors newbie

warpdrive

I have no beef with paying the $$ for the official Apple cases, and I really like the Apple Silicone case for my iPad, it is just the right amount of protection and grippiness for me....I was ready to pay the $40 or whatever.........

but....I hate hate hate that the bottom of the phone is fully exposed. Are there any aftermarket cases for the XS/XSMax that basically feels the same as the Apple ones (thin but grippy and just enough lip to protect the screen and camera bump) but are covered on the bottom?

2. asuandy macrumors regular

asuandy

3. WNYX macrumors regular

WNYX

I’m not 100% sure but I heard the VRS Single Fit Label cases have a similar feel (and offers the coverage you’re looking for). They’re not that expensive, too. I just went to their site to get the exact name, and a 15% off your first purchase pop up appeared. (The case itself is only $19.99.)

4. Donnjamin macrumors member

Donnjamin

I do not recommend this case at all. Got it on slickdeals for $3 and it’s awful. No lip, the bottom cut outs are misaligned, and definitely feels nothing like silicone. (Also it’s only $11 on Amazon)

I do recommend the miracase silicone case linked above though.

5. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

6. asuandy macrumors regular

asuandy

Unfortunately I don’t have it

7. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Oh I see. Well the reviews seem relatively positive for that accessory. I wonder if I should take a shot and get it.

8. spokes macrumors newbie

I picked this one up at Walmart for $15. It's an iphone X case so had to snip the bottom slightly for my XS. Fits perfectly and is pretty grippy--i know, pretty cheesy! IMG_0190.jpg IMG_0189.jpg

9. darkside flow macrumors 6502

darkside flow

10. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Torras silicone case from what I've seen. Almost illegally close in similarity lol

11. jp1212 macrumors member

Target has a brand called Heyday for $20 that are similar to the Apple silicon models but the one I picked up does not fit as snug as an actual Apple case would. Similar look and feel but the quality is just okay.

12. PeytonT123 macrumors member

Got this one and love it. Feels just like the Apple silicone cases, for a fraction of the price and it covers the bottom.

13. WNYX macrumors regular

WNYX