Which to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by minicoop503, Mar 18, 2008.

1. minicoop503 macrumors regular

Ok, so I'm currently on a PC, that I custom built, and I wan't to get a mac.

I'm not planning on leaving windows, but I've just always wanted a mac also. I don't want to spend more than around 300 dollars, and I've come to some conclusions of what I can get in that price range.

1. Emac - I've found a good local deal on this actually, here's the link : http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/608063668.html
    It seems to come with a lot of software, and 1.25 doesn't see too slow for what I will be doing (Internet, word, email, etc.) I have my pc for all the more intense stuff.

2. Ibook G4 - I've seen these around the same price as the emac, but they all seem to be slower, most likely due to being a laptop.

3. Powermac G4 - There's a bunch of these on ebay and locally, and for pretty cheap too. Should i try to get a dual processor one? Quicksilver, Digital Audio, etc.?

I was thinking the emac might be a little big, the ibook a little slow, but the powermac might be just right. I can use my existing monitor, keyboard, etc, and it should be decently fast if I get a dual processor one. I also want to find one that comes with a bunch of software, most importantly iWork or MS Office.

So, what would you recommend? Again, I'll only be using it for basic things, and maybe for messing around since it will be my first, cheap mac.

-Minicoop503

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba