Which to install?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by futurestate, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futurestate macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I apologize for offending so many members. I did not read the forum rules. Anyways, I will go find a copy on ebay or Gumtree. Thanks folks.
    --Mike

2. oacory macrumors regular

Bite the bullet

Why Don't you just bite the bullet. Besides it being illegal to download it, most of the download don't work anyway. Why don't you go on ebay or amazon.com or something like that and get a copy of either Tiger or Leopard. You can get tiger for under $100 but why not spend the few extra bucks and get a OS that will last you a little longer.

3. muldul macrumors 6502

i support the above poster. It s never worth downloading something illegal (well that illegal anyway, people download music all the time). I would stick to the sensible route and buy a copy of tiger off of ebay, or buy leopard. Leopard is very nice, though i am not sure how well it will work on your powerbook. Hope you make the right choice

4. James17 macrumors 6502

In your case I would get Tiger because it might not run well with that spec on leopard. I thought I would edit this post, I'm sure you are aware but incase anyone misunderstood my post, I meant obtain Tiger within the law. Just incase.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I suggest you read the Forum Rules (I am assuming you did not read them when you registered), specifically the "Things not to do" section, point #3....oh yeah!

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The Duff-Man speaks the truth ;)

It would be wise to heed him

This one will be closed and will go away soon.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Yes, it stinks that Apple doesn't support an OS that is less than five years old. But you still shouldn't do the torrent thing. Get Leopard. It runs great on a friend's 1 Ghz iBook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.