Which to keep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kgarner, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

So here's the story. When my local CompUSA closed down I was able to buy their remaining stock of mac pro 2.66 Quad-Cores at a good discount. The plan was that I would sell all but one of the new-in-box systems and my dad was going to buy the demo unit. I will make enough money from the systems sold to make the one I keep essentially free for me and I even stand to make a couple hundred bucks on the deal.

Well, my dad decided that he's fine with his iMac and said to go ahead and sell his system too. I have been using it while I sold my remaining stock before I opened up "my system" and sent this one to my dad (at his suggestion), but now I am not sure what to do. Should I just keep using the demo unit (it works perfectly, and is not beat up at all, but I don't know how long it had been the demo) and sell "my system" or keep "my system" and sell the demo?

Obviously, I make more money selling the new unit, but the newness of "my system" is tempting, too. What would you do in my situation?

2. iGrant macrumors 6502a

iGrant

Sell the "your system" and keep the demo unit. If the demo unit is working and there are no problems with it, I would sell the new one because you will defiantly get a lot more money for a new machine than a used machine. Thats my two-cents.

-iGrant

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Yea sell the new system, you'll get much more and quicker buyers.

4. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

well it's a win win situation.
    It's barely old and is still a great system.