Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmarketing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
Hi,

I am considering between the 2 machines as to what to keep:

1. machine in sig - 2ghz core duo 2gb/250gb/256 video
2. macbook t7200 2ghz core2duo 2b/120gb

I just want to keep one of them, and I would keep the 250gb hard drive. I got both for very good deals since they required some work but are perfect now. I've had the mbp for a long time now, and it has been a great machine.

As it is now, the macbook, has been tranformed into a black and white macbook and looks distinct and nice (in my opinion).

It would be great to keep either one.

1. I was wondering if I would notice a nice difference in performance between the 2, especially with the core2duo processor that can hold 3gb memory.
2. Which one would be able to fetch me more money if I was to sell it?

My plan was to keep the mbp for some time longer until the 1st or 2nd revision of the redesigned mbp's come out. I do love how my mbp looks exactly the same as the latest one.

So, what would you do?
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
The MacBook will probably have marginally better performance in terms of raw processing power, and can take an extra GB of RAM. The only significant performance difference would be in using programs with heavy 3d processing, and that's where the MBP will kill the MB.

Given a choice, I would probably keep the MBP. The larger screen and better graphics chip would be more important to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.