Which torrent client do you use on your Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dmj102, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dmj102 macrumors 6502

I've been using uTorrent 1.8.4 for quite some time. I was wondering if I should be updating it, but I don't want to get a version with ads. Is it a bad idea to stay with an older torrent client version? What are you using?

2. jruschme macrumors 6502

jruschme

Transmission. I'm actually running a pretty recent daily build for compatibility with 10.11.

3. The Economist macrumors 6502

The Economist

I love Transmission. It's light and simple.

"Transmission is an open source, volunteer-based project. Unlike some BitTorrent clients, Transmission doesn't play games with its users to make money:

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I used µtorrent. I used to like it more in early versions. It used to be micro with lots of settings to make it behave exactly like you want. It has all the features but now its a bit annoying with its installer. I preferred the stand alone windows version.
    Transmission is just a dumber more basic torrent client. Fire and forget style. I never liked it. Once you are used to something like µtorrent, transmission is just not an option.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Transmission- only thing I don't like about it is that they took out proxy support a long time ago

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

7. M@C, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

M@C macrumors member

Transmission, because it's the best one and without ads, spyware, payware etc.

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

qbittorrent now that utorrent has started giving me trouble. Transmission has always been problematic for me as well for some reason.

9. Flunkyturtle macrumors 6502

10. happycadaver macrumors regular

happycadaver