Which TV Mount Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by callison, Nov 3, 2014.

1. callison macrumors newbie

I am looking to get a new 50-55 inch TV this month, probably 4k. Looking for some options for TV mounts. Include link(s) please and pics if you think it would be helpful.

Also, any tips you have for wire management, since this is my first mounting, would be greatly appreciated.

2. Menel Suspended

Menel

I use a corner mount, may not apply to you. So how and where you mount matter.

Wire management is best if you install in wall, at my fathers we installed an ac outlet behind TV, and a cable tunnel. Homedepot has outlets designed for this. Cable guide with small piece of pvc. Then patch the drywall back up and paint. Very clean, floating tv.

At my house, lazy, got a mesh wrap to pull all the cables together and let it hang.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You really need to specify what you're looking for in a mount if you want recommendations. I've used the Sanus VLF311 and VLF410 because I wanted mounts that were as slim as possible but still allowed me to pull the TV away from the wall for working behind the TV.

If you don't want to or can't tear into your drywall you can also use a cord cover kit like this:
    http://www.legrand.us/wiremold/at-h...rd-covers/tv-cord-organizer.aspx#.VFkBIfnF9Zs

4. callison thread starter macrumors newbie

This will be a "show" tv for the living room we really don't use much, right by my foyer. Breaking into the drywall is not an issue. We just need it to be able to "angle down" a little bit.

5. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Id suggest the Sanus VMPL50A-B1. It tilts as you describe, and is well made. The big deal with this mount though, IMO, is the fact that it has the microadjust screws. Ive installed approximately 20-30 tvs for myself and family/friends... no matter how hard you try, occasionally when drilling the holes for the bracket, the drill bit will "walk" a tiny bit off your level line and can end up (very slightly) skewing the TV of level. YOu then have to make another set of holes depending on the situation.

The Sanus mentioned above will allow you to level the TV on the bracket... so if its a smidge off like described above, you can tweak it to get the TV 100% perfect. Its also pretty fairly priced (on amazon) for around $60.

6. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Which TV Mount Do You Use?

I got this for my new Vizio 55" P 4k set
    Kanto 37" - 70" Full Motion TV Wall Mount, $90 online
    Features:
    Supports up to 125 lbs, Extends 1.9" to 21.8" from Wall, Tilt Adjustment of +15°/-2°

http://m.costco.com/.product.813897.html