Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
I blasted through most of Ozark's season two yesterday, and now, once again, I'm angry at myself for not savoring it but instead, well, binging it.

Great season, though, but the wait for season three will be long and arduous.

Reactions: rhett7660

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I blasted through most of Ozark's season two yesterday, and now, once again, I'm angry at myself for not savoring it but instead, well, binging it.

Great season, though, but the wait for season three will be long and arduous.

Ugh! I hate that, we did the same with Bosch and now have to wait for the next season to drop. Most likely next year.

While I love not having to wait in between episodes, the wait between seasons can be very loooooong!

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
While I love not having to wait in between episodes, the wait between seasons can be very loooooong!
But the thing is, there’s so many great series to watch today. And once you get yourself hooked into a new one, you’ll forget the previous one. Then when the next season comes out of the earlier series we watched, we have almost forgot it, and are joyously surprised :)

Reactions: rhett7660 and max2

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
But the thing is, there’s so many great series to watch today. And once you get yourself hooked into a new one, you’ll forget the previous one. Then when the next season comes out of the earlier series we watched, we have almost forgot it, and are joyously surprised :)

Ha... That is one way to look at! :):D

But you are correct there are a lot of good shows on right now that you can binge, which I do like.

Reactions: Lioness~

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I read some bad reviews of Ryan so I'm holding off for now. Especially since its not a limited series, don't like to get into a show that might just be cancelled before it ends the way the creators want it to. Man In Castle is getting a bit boring for me, as well. And I know there will be at least two more seasons. They are really stretching out the original story. I hope they have an end in mind and in just doesn't keep going and going....

I'm really liking The Man In The High Castle. Amazon is doing an excellent job with it. My wife and I watched the first episode of Jack Ryan and enjoyed that as well. We will definitely be continuing that.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I'm really liking The Man In The High Castle. Amazon is doing an excellent job with it. My wife and I watched the first episode of Jack Ryan and enjoyed that as well. We will definitely be continuing that.

The Man In The High Castle is great! Season three is coming up this year and can't wait for it. Been waiting over two years for it so we are super excited for it!

We really liked Jack Ryan also, can't wait to see what they do with season two of it.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Watched the second episode of Ozark (friends had already watched the first and gave a brief recap)...didn't really click with me tbh. Felt a bit samey and predictable. While watching it I was thinking whether I liked the directional style or not as it felt/looked a bit clumsy at times (which is rather rare for a high profile US series) - quite surprised Bateman did it himself.

Not sure I'll continue. Is it getting much better / different during the season?

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Watched the second episode of Ozark (friends had already watched the first and gave a brief recap)...didn't really click with me tbh. Felt a bit samey and predictable. While watching it I was thinking whether I liked the directional style or not as it felt/looked a bit clumsy at times (which is rather rare for a high profile US series) - quite surprised Bateman did it himself.

Not sure I'll continue. Is it getting much better / different during the season?

I like it and it does have some twists. It also can be predictable.

It's just another soap opera with tits and violence.

Reactions: twietee

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008

I like it also and there are some nice twists with it. There are times it can be predictable. You can tell early on it was a little awkward and they were finding their grove on the style they wanted to go with. It is only eight episodes I believe and it goes by pretty quick as twists and turns start unfolding.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My wife an I just finished Jack Ryan. We really enjoyed it. Has it been picked up for a second season and when does it start?

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Just finished Lost In Space ( utterly brill ), Designated Survivor Season 2 ( wasn't too bad ), and both seasons of 13 Reasons Why ( quite liked S1, but didn't really get on with S2 ). Starting Daredevil from the beginning ready for S3....

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Someone remarked on the PBS mini series The Miniaturist, saying one episode is available for streaming now for a limited time. iTunes has the three on a season pass for $8 or so I think. Can't decide. If I watch the first one for nothing and like it, will I be annoyed at paying $8 for the three-episode season pass?

Dithering seems to be my specialty lately, not sure why. It can't be about the money or I'd never have bought $8 worth of raspberries the other day LOL. Probably more about the investment of time.

Well in for a penny, in for eight bucks and the few hours of watching, maybe on a rainy weekend, if I can resist watching it immediately. I am intrigued by reviews and clips that reference a kind of Vermeer-like cinematography, so I'll probably cave in and take the season pass.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
NCIS is well past it's prime.
Yep. I stopped after NCIS's main cast exited for the most part. NCIS LA jumped the shark at the end of this last season. NCIS New Orleans isn't worth the time slot. Need to find new shows to watch during the television season or explore new genres of shows that I may like.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
My wife and I are currently watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime. Watched 4 episodes so far and are really enjoying it.
It's a great series and it just keeps getting better. This last season was really good and I'm looking forward to more!

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
I just finished the 'Jack Ryan' series, not overly impressed with it. Also watched 'Jack Irish' and give it a thumbs-up and have recommended to my friends.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I guess we're officially "binging on "The Good Place" now. It's about the only thing we've been watching every night. It really is a quite funny show and has a steady, connected story between each episode. Good acting definitely helps, too.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Currently through 3 EPs of Castle Rock, very good so far (very well reviewed, so not surprised), it takes place in the Stephen King universe, but not a specific story of his - just uses characters, places, references, concepts, with a brand new narrative.

I just finished the 'Jack Ryan' series, not overly impressed with it. Also watched 'Jack Irish' and give it a thumbs-up and have recommended to my friends.

That's a coincidence, we're watching Irish Ryan, about a debt collector working undercover in the middle east ...

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Spent the day watching Longmire. Well, one episode really. Kept pausing it to get things done. Mainly napping every 5-8 minutes of scene for hours at a time. A day well spent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.