Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Binging on Monk right now. Loved that show and just completed season 3.

Once you watch that show, you have to watch every single episode. You just get hooked. You have to watch every single one. Then you go back and watch them all again. And again. you just have to watch them all. Every single one.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
We don't really binge watch things (except my wife, who does it with "The Great British Baking Show"), but we're still playing catchup with "Mayans MC" and we started the Nat Geo second season of "Mars". Both are excellent!

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
That Haunted Hill House show. I don't think I've ever felt more uncomfortable than after binging through a few episodes. And I've been in some hairy situations in awful places halfway across the world.
[doublepost=1542351817][/doublepost]
"The Great British Baking Show"
I've been asked to sit and watch this. We don't watch the same genres of shows, but sometimes there are things we both like. Or like any good man I sit through whatever looks mildly interesting. That said, I caught some clips earlier in the year and it interested me a lot. We'll probably watch it beginning tomorrow.

According to my Netflix profile, I haven't streamed anything since March of this year. There's so much choice on Netflix that I can sit there scrolling for 3-4 hours and not be able to decide on what I want. Like a child at the ice cream parlour.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
That Haunted Hill House show. I don't think I've ever felt more uncomfortable than after binging through a few episodes. And I've been in some hairy situations in awful places halfway across the world.
[doublepost=1542351817][/doublepost]
I've been asked to sit and watch this. We don't watch the same genres of shows, but sometimes there are things we both like. Or like any good man I sit through whatever looks mildly interesting. That said, I caught some clips earlier in the year and it interested me a lot. We'll probably watch it beginning tomorrow.

According to my Netflix profile, I haven't streamed anything since March of this year. There's so much choice on Netflix that I can sit there scrolling for 3-4 hours and not be able to decide on what I want. Like a child at the ice cream parlour.
I've watched quite a few episodes of "The Great British Baking Show". It really can be interesting, at times. The contestants are just average folks who like baking and have managed to garner some skills at it. There's definitely something about the show that holds your interest.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Is that a good thing, or bad thing? Uncomfortable because the show really got to you, or uncomfortable because it was so bad?

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
"Batman: The Animated Series." It was just released on Blu-ray and it looks and sounds great. It is (in my opinion) the best Batman series produced. If you are a fan of Batman, this is one series where young and older kids can watch in delight.
Adults, as well! I've always enjoyed those shows. DC's animated movies and series are top notch entertainment, for young and old alike. The newer R rated animated movies are made for adult fans and are really well done!

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Legacies (2018.)

Legacies-s1-Poster-310x410.jpg

A Discovery of Witches (2018.)

2.jpg

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I wish there was a Superman animated series as good as the aforementioned Batman series.
The Superman:The Animated Series that ran from the mid 90's to 2000 was pretty good. Same crew did it, if I recall correctly. A quick look tells me that Netflix has it on DVD only. Not sure about any streaming source. The recently released "Death of Superman" movie was quite good. The sequel, "Reign of the Supermen" is due out after the New Year. I'm looking forward to that one! he DC standalone adult movies are really well done!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
My wife and I watched the first episode of The Americans. I thought it was really good, my wife was thought it was so-so. Not sure if we'll continue to watch it.

I watched a few episodes earlier this year, ended up trying to like it. Realized I was having to make that effort and moved on to something else, but may resume to see if I too can get past a "so-so" impression.

Toying with buying the lot of M*A*S*H now that iTunes has it as a bundle, so I can quit having to scout around to find where it's streaming when I decide to pick up wherever I had last left off... it's part of how I got through a November at least once before. :D

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Outlander season 1. So far this is really slow moving. I hope it picks up.

Arrested Development season 2. My wife can only take one episode at a time.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Is that a good thing, or bad thing? Uncomfortable because the show really got to you, or uncomfortable because it was so bad?
It's terrible. It's very amateur quality. The sound effects and CGI blow. The script is very childish.

Hint: I'm pretty certain it's easy to figure out it was good based on my post.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
We don't really binge watch things (except my wife, who does it with "The Great British Baking Show"), but we're still playing catchup with "Mayans MC" and we started the Nat Geo second season of "Mars". Both are excellent!

I've sat and watched a season of The Great British Baking Show with my daughter. I really enjoyed it.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
It's terrible. It's very amateur quality. The sound effects and CGI blow. The script is very childish.

Hint: I'm pretty certain it's easy to figure out it was good based on my post.

Thought it was amazing: moving, horrific, tapped into some dark family struggles we all experience. The Writer/Director, Mike Flanagan, has some solid other work, but his adaptation of King's Gerald's Game is definitely worth checking out, also stars the always fantastic Carla Gugino.

FWIW, I'm not an outlier, The Haunting of Hill House was very well received by critics and viewers:

upload_2018-11-19_12-27-12.png

upload_2018-11-19_12-28-8.png

The Independent said:
Legendary horror author Stephen King took to Twitter to heap praise on the series, writing: “I don’t usually care for this kind of revisionism, but this is great. Close to a work of genius, really. I think Shirley Jackson would approve, but who knows for sure.”

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Finished watching "Absentia" which was good. Kept us thinking up to the very end. Just started "Homecoming". This one has us scratching our heads. We are half way through it and I don't know if I like it or not. The episodes are only 30 minutes in length so it goes quick, but we are still on the fence with this one.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Thought it was amazing: moving, horrific, tapped into some dark family struggles we all experience. The Writer/Director, Mike Flanagan, has some solid other work, but his adaptation of King's Gerald's Game is definitely worth checking out, also stars the always fantastic Carla Gugino.

FWIW, I'm not an outlier, The Haunting of Hill House was very well received by critics and viewers:
You missed my post, too, it seems. I thought it was very good. I'm not easily disturbed given my past experiences in life. I was disturbed watching this. I'm only a handful of episodes in, but they've taken the backburner in place of movies and shows I've been putting off all year long AKA for a few years.

It isn't so much about gore or fright, but sound, script and delivery. When those three are done well, you succeed as a production crew.
[doublepost=1542665720][/doublepost]I should probably watch The Grand Tour seeing as I never did....

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
You missed my post, too, it seems. I thought it was very good. I'm not easily disturbed given my past experiences in life. I was disturbed watching this. I'm only a handful of episodes in, but they've taken the backburner in place of movies and shows I've been putting off all year long AKA for a few years.

It isn't so much about gore or fright, but sound, script and delivery. When those three are done well, you succeed as a production crew.
[doublepost=1542665720][/doublepost]I should probably watch The Grand Tour seeing as I never did....
Had Amazon Prime for a free month and did about 7 or 8 GT. it’s just a continuation of old TG but enjoyable enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.