Which TV Series Are You Binging On?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by needfx, Jan 2, 2015.

1. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Definitely hints of season 1 there, and much more fitting to what season 1 set up True Detective to be. I didn't dislike season 2 personally, but I also found it to be somewhat different and not all that memorable/meaningful.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2019 ---
    I was certainly glad to hear that Amazon picked it up after SyFy ended up cancelling it.

2. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Yes true detective this season was much more like season one than season two. It was back to a character driven show that is more about the journey than the destination.

3. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

4. jeyf macrumors 65816

i watched episode one of Continuum and hope it gets better?

5. needfx thread starter macrumors 68040

needfx

everyone is so darn polite, even in made-up, future Canada

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Just finished the third season of The Expanse. I read that the 4th season will be done by Amazon Prime. Can’t wait!

7. trillionaire macrumors regular

trillionaire

Good to know! I wasn't sure if I should watch season 3. Season 1 was so good that now I have to give season 3 a try if you're saying they've returned to that tone.

Unlike the majority, I don't think season 2 was that bad, but season 1 was so good that it was just a really hard act to follow. Gonna get on season 3 soon then.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I’m currently watching Forged In Fire on the History Channel. Love seeing them make all of the historic weapons.

9. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

I peek in on this one from time to time.

10. MacUser09 macrumors regular

Currently watching Endeavour. It's a sort of prequel to the original Inspector Morse stories.
    Series 6 now showing on UK ITV Channel. Had watched Series 1-3 previously, (bought in iTunes store), but just started from scratch and gonna catch up to present.

11. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Seriously good. Exceedingly good.

Actually, seriously excellent; I have been watching series six - which is superb - it just gets better and darker and more excruciatingly exquisitely painful in how it depicts the human condition.

Shaun Evans as the young Morse is outstanding - and getting better - slowly inhabiting the grumpy and disappointed detective we knew from the 80s and 90s series, as he transforms from an awkward and intelligent and idealistic police officer to the morose (but suppressed idealistic) grump we learned to love.

Roger Allam as his mentor Thursday is superb, and the superlative Anton Lesser as Bright is a masterclass in understated heartbreak; their wives - Caroline O'Neill as Win Thursday is formidably brilliant, as is Carol Royal as Mrs Bright (seriously, have you ever heard description of falling in love described so economically, with such suppressed emotion, and such heartbreak as in that snatched scene with Thursday and Bright, both smoking, both bereft.....acting at its finest.

Some of the women are at the core of issues of identifying (and adhering to) the moral compass - this is strong stuff.

This is an outstanding series, and one that has been getting better as it progresses, and series six has been especially strong. I would go so far as to say excellent. Intelligent, outstanding.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My wife and I just started watching Person of Interest. Liked the first episode and will continue to watch.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Finished "The Widow" this weekend. Wasn't to bad!

14. futurist101 macrumors member

futurist101

Damages (just finished Season 5)

Anxiously awaiting Bosch (Season 5).

15. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

Watching it now.

16. Zenithal macrumors 604

Added it to my already lengthy to-watch list.

17. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Victoria Season 3, finally. To belatedly keep a promise to a friend, having told her --for what now seems like no particularly good reason-- that I didn't want to discuss the series with her before having seen the shows. As I probably posted before, it occurred to me later that there can hardly be spoilers of consequence by now, in a TV series about one of the most famous (and long deceased) monarchs in world history.

Anyway my friend wants to share with me what she thought about the shows this season, so I'm trying to watch 2 a night now so we can have this gabfest over the phone on the weekend.

Failing miserably, I am halfway through the second show of the season after 3 nights making an effort. :rolleyes:

I feel like calling her up and just asking if she liked the shows or hated them, bottom line. If she hated them then I'm willing to listen to her vent and I'll watch them sometime this summer when it's too hot to work on my handsewing in the evenings.

18. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

We really enjoyed that series.
    Mostly at the moment I’m watching Arrow/Flash/Super Girl with Mrs AFB. I’ve sort of lost interest, but it keeps her occupied.
    Roll on April for GOT!

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I just started watching Jack Ryan. Just finished episode 3, holy crap.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My wife and I really liked it. Can’t wait for season two.

21. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

Love, Death and Robots. I just stumbled into the series and I really liked it. Adult oriented animation along the lines of Heavy Metal.

22. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

The last half of the final season of Arrested Development. Its been so long, I actually forgot half of what happened. Its not good at all anymore and am basically just watching on phone at work to see how they wrap things up.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda