Which Twitter App is the best?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iWoz, Jul 15, 2009.

1. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

I see there is so many twitter Apps

I want one that's free, and has the best functionality which is as close to using twitter.com

I also see twitpic is available now on the app store aswell, But theres all also a twitpic"t"

Which one is better?

Thanks for your feedback

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I'll say it before 5 million posts come in flaming you. Search the forum.

Tweetdeck is the one i use and it's free.

Twitvid allows 3gs users to post video and works along side you Twitter app nicely. It's also free.

3. extremei5 macrumors member

extremei5

I find tweetdeck to be the best free app, it lets you use columns if you wish to group people AND it has twitpic ;)

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I personally use Tweetie. It isn't free however, but I really enjoy the nice simple interface. I have used other twitter apps and they all just have too much going on.

5. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Thanks guys, Downloading it now, so will have a play with it, Nice to know twitpic is integrated in the app.

6. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Had a play with it, and after a while... I like it :D Glad I dont have to use two seperate apps in order to upload a picture via twitpic :D

7. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Best is VERY subjective.

Everyone thinks the one they use is best.

8. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

I use Twitterific, which comes in a free and also a premium edition IIRC, i use the paid version, which i find to be pretty damn awesome!

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use Tweetdeck both on the computer and the iPhone, the fact that they are free is only a bonus. Also the ability to sync multiple accounts is really nice and I had a lot of problems with Twitterific not being able to update, especially while on airplanes getting ready to leave/getting in.

10. MSL macrumors member

I tend to use Birdfeed lately. Give it a try. It's not free though - £2.99

11. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

Twitterfon for me. First one I installed and does everything I need it to and free... Could try others but not bothered.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Just so you know (no pressure to switch), SimplyTweet Lite does everything Twitterfon does and more, is free, and has no ads.

The ads in Twitterfon pretty much forced me into buying Twitterfon Pro and I don't even use it. The icon is fugly too. Twitteriffic Premium is where it's at for me.

13. nutmac macrumors 68040

I've tried several free apps. TwitterFon, TweetDeck, Twitterrific, Twinkle, and iTwitter (which is no longer free).

In terms of power, TweetDeck and Twitterrific are the most packed. But I find their UI to be either too much or too non-standard for my taste.

TwitterFon strikes a very nice balance of power and usability, but I am turned off by blue look and small text size.

In the end, despite all the missing features, I am using iTwitter, which has the cleanest, most native iPhone design among all the free Twitter apps I've used (again, this app is no longer free). And it seems the author is working on adding many missing features, including push notification for all DMs and replies.

14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Which of these did you find for Twitteriffic? I think the UI is fantastic, easily the best of all I've tried (A LOT). The only problem I have with it is the inability to view following/followers. Kind of a basic feature if you ask me.

15. nutmac macrumors 68040

Twitterific requires lots of use to get most out of it. While stylish, the UI is pretty bare in that many of the features are indicated by often vague icons. Take asterisk and filter icons on the toolbar for instance. It's not very clear what these icons do. Even the source page. Why is it called "Source" instead of "Home"? Why is public timeline above the user account? Why is "Settings" top level of the breadcrumb trail? I just find the whole user interface, while I can learn, to be nonsensical.

16. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Exactly. There is a reason Tweetie won an ADA and twitterrific didn't.

17. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

Does no one use Twittelator Pro? That to me is one of the most feature packed. I've paid for a lot of Twitter clients (including BB's TweetGenius, SocialScope, Twitterberry & UberTwitter).

Twittelator Pro and SimplyTweet are the ones I use. SimplyTweet for the @replies and DM push notifications. The current version doesn't have push... I'm using the beta version 2.0b2 that has push notifications.

18. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

That is coming in the next release. I follow Twitterific. It's the only one I use, Twitterific Premium. Best ui out there, imho.

19. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

I use Twitterrific Premium. Not bad for novice users like me.

20. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

I use Tweetdeck on my iPod and my Mac. Works great.

21. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

That's what I'm saying. I think the UI of TP is gorgeous. I used Tweetie for the longest time and while it's a great app and looks good at the same time, I just can't convince myself to go back.

I use this as well.

22. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

I've tried many, Twitteriffic, TwitterFon, Tweetie, TweetDeck, Simply Tweet and Twitterena.

IMO, Tweetie is the best. It has the features that I want, such as the ability to block/unblock ppl, follow/unfollow ppl, and to see trends and public timeline. Twitterrific can do many things as well, but the ads are annoying (expected for a free app).

23. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

TweetDeck for FREE and Tweetie for $3.

Everything the above poster listed is what gives it the edge. Try swiping a tweet left to right. Great animation and UI!

24. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Tweetie is the cleanest and smoothest. I love it.

25. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse