Which UK Network will you be going with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rookie1986, Jun 14, 2010.

?

Which UK Network will you be going with??

1. 3

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. O2

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Orange

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. T-Mobile

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Vodafone

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I know we don't have all the Tariff prices yet but which networks are people looking to get their new iPhone 4 on?

I think I will be looking at getting one on T-Mobile since I already have a "Friends and Family" package and my upgrade is due from the beginning of July.

/Rookie.

2. psxguru macrumors 6502a

I'm in a similar position as you (upgrade due this month for me), I'd hate to have to give up the 50% discount ;)

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, I missed that one. Its hard to keep track with so many threads been made at the moment, guess I can join the long list of other threads that are a repeated topic.

Same, If they decide that Friends and Family can't be used on an iPhone package then I will have second thoughts about sticking with T-Mobile for my upgrade. Unless they offer us something to make it worth our while that is.

/Rookie

4. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

to be honest, one of the main reasons I probably won't be going with o2 again is because of the change to the contract that means I'll now be paying for international texts all the time - it was bad enough when it "just" used 4 of my inclusive texts.

I spend the vast majority of my time in europe, so the free text allowance being taken away will instantly add over 10 quid a month to my bill.

Whomever has the best european coverage deals will win my business

5. boyced macrumors member

6. molala macrumors 6502a

thanks for posting this, i didn't know! those free international texts are the only reason i'm still with o2. time to shop around i guess.

7. hannahjayne macrumors regular

I'm sticking with o2 probably. Seem to be the best value contracts (although happy to be proved wrong, may have missed something) and I love visual voicemail. iPad is on Orange, so makes sense to have the two on different networks.

8. iSimon macrumors regular

I'm sticking with giffgaff, but buying the iPhone 4 on O2 PAYG. It won't need unlocking to work with giffgaff (they run on O2 and the iPhone even thinks the giffgaff SIM is an O2 one), but I'll try to get it unlocked anyway if O2 are offering it.

9. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Ask again when we know any of the prices.

Phazer

10. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Surprising the amount of O2 loyalty. Clearly the hate for them isn't quite as much as it seems from reading the threads.

I'm going with 3, as up here in the woolybacks it's the only network with half decent 3G coverage (and Orange, its fallback network, is about the best for 2G coverage as well). Pricing will probably be about the best. Customer service a bit pants but better than it was about 2.5 years ago. On balance, the best option for me.

11. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

The networks will most likely be offering very similar deals like they always do, O2 Tariff prices are already up and look not to far away from the 3Gs ones. The key winning this round with the iPhone 4 would be the amount of data thats included on the contract.