Which US iPhone 6 best for UK LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajmzn6, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ajmzn6 macrumors newbie

Hi all, I was wondering if you guys could answer this.

I'm planning on buying the iPhone 6 now in the US, but will be moving to the UK for 9 months, I was wondering which version would be able to use LTE there?

On Apple's website it shows the Sprint version being compatible, but I don't think that comes unlocked and Sprint is known for not unlocking phones.

2. DannyT2011, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

DannyT2011 macrumors member

I was studying in the US during the 5s launch, I worked out that the iPhone that shipped with a T-Mobile sim installed (which turned out to be factory unlocked, despite the site not stating it come launch) was the most compatible with UK LTE bands.

I believe it had issues with one of the two bands owned by EE and Vodafone as they both have 2 each, but was compatible with at least one of the 2 bands. I can't quite remember and use a different provider anyway.

So it is likely that the T-Mobile one is the bets option provided it is factory unlocked again like the 5s was.

This site lists all the bands and model numbers if you haven't seen it already.

The LTE bands used in the UK are 3, 7 and 23. The US iPhones appear to support all 3 of these bands and provided the phone is unlocked you should be fine!

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

3. ajmzn6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've looked there, and it shows the Sprint iPhone 6 being compatible.

I'll probably just get the unlocked T-Mobile version. As long as it has partial LTE I'm fine.