Which USB 3.0 hub for Mac Pro 6,1?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by williamh, Aug 2, 2015.

1. williamh macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm in the market of purchasing usb 3.0 hub for my Mac Pro 6,1, mainly for both data transfer (USB flash drive and external drives) and other peripherals like keyboard/mouse/MIDI interface, I won't use the hub for iDevice charging or syncing.

Would anyone please provide any hubs that WORKS with Mac Pro 6,1? Thanks
  2. hidea macrumors regular

May 10, 2006
    According to The Wirecutter (http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-usb-hubs/) the Hootoo HooToo® HT-UH010 and Anker USB 3.0 9-Port Hub are great.

I myself have the HooToo, based on the recommendation and it's working pretty good. On the other hand, I also have a bunch of Anker products, and they have really great customer service. Seems like both products/companies are getting great reviews on Amazon. Just take your pick between the Hootoo or the Anker.
  3. williamh thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2006
  4. David John macrumors newbie

David John

Sep 23, 2015
  5. bokkow macrumors 6502

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    And to add another option + opinion: I really like the TP-Link powered 7+2-port USB3.0 hub (7 data 700mA ports, 2 power only 2.4A ports), sleek design with small white dots as indicators above the ports.

6. bernuli macrumors 6502

Oct 10, 2011
  7. Silencio macrumors 68020

Jul 18, 2002
    Huh. Iogear hasn't changed their USB hub form factor in quite some time. I bought a USB 2.0 hub / multi-card reader from them about 10 years ago and it looked almost identical.