Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
Somewhere
Hi all. I've been on macOS Sierra for awhile but I've been wondering if I should update.

I've heard bad things about High Sierra, such as it being unstable, buggy and "Apple's Vista," on the other hand I've heard that Mojave doesn't work that well with my Graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB) because Metal (API) does not support it, does this issue with the Graphics card apply to the whole OS or only certain programs that wouldn't run well even on High Sierra?

Which version of macOS is better for a Late 2013 27" iMac, macOS High Sierra or macOS Mojave?

TheMasterOfTech

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2021
Honestly I seen no reason not to stay on 10.13, but Mojave has more support, improvements, and it has dark mode so I personally would update to Mojave and the GT 755M does support metal since your Mac can actually run up to 10.15 which is still fully supported. High Sierra is also not even that bad of an OS, I would say macOS 10.0-10.2 are the worst ones. I am running Catalina on a MacBook Pro with worse specs than your iMac so I would update to at least 10.14 (Mojave)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.