Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
I was getting a VPN set up on my home machine for work. Our IT company provided instructions told me to go to an application called Internet Connect. It obviously wasn't on Leopard or Tiger when I had it.

Which version did this application stop showing up and get moved to the preferences?

neoserver

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
I was getting a VPN set up on my home machine for work. Our IT company provided instructions told me to go to an application called Internet Connect. It obviously wasn't on Leopard or Tiger when I had it.

Which version did this application stop showing up?

I believe it disappeared with Leopard.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
They incorporated that into the Network prefpane in System Preferences in Leopard.

Picture 1.jpg

In Tiger it was somewhere as a stand alone, but rare used application... possibly in Utilities... Edit: Actually it is in the Applications folder on my old iBook...

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
Thanks for all the help. My question was more infomational vs. needing assistance. I figured out pretty quickly that VPN settings went through Network preferences.

So, I can probably conclude that it is a Leopard change. A partner at the CPA firm I work for is thinking about getting an Apple, so I was the VPN test subject.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.