Which VGA adapter?


macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Which adapter do I need for connecting a new iMac to a VGA monitor?

How come it doesn't show what the port looks like on the apple site? They should give a clear picture of it!


Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
iMac - Mini DVI

You need a MiniDVI to - - Adapter. It pretty plainly describes it right in those pictures you posted. "iMac (intel core duo)."


Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
There does seem to be a lot of confusion about this...the store website does list with which computers the adapter works, but not in such a way that you can easily say, "I have this Mac. Now don't show me any adapters or cables unless I can use them with my Mac." It could be easier on users.

The iBook has a page at Apple Support that describes quite clearly what adaptors work with what computers... I haven't seen a page like that for the iMac; it would probably be a good thing.