Which Video Cables, Component or Composite?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Resist, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Which video cables would be more useful with my iPhone, component or Composite? A lot of TV's have composite near the front of them, so I am leaning toward composite cables for ease of use.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

this is really a per user decision, no one here is going to be able to make that decision for you ( it depends on the kind of TV you plan on using it with)

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Assuming there are component connections available on the TV(s) you plan to connect your iphone, this is a no-brainer. I actually have both because it seems like composite connections are always available when I travel whereas component are not as commonplace but component gives you a much better picture. Get both if you can afford them (check ebay - I got my component cables for $25).

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I ordered the composite scosche cables for $33 and plan on also getting component cables.

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

They really should make a combo cable, like what they did for the PSP. This combo cable has connectors for both composite and component.

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

My Scosche cable arrived today but I have one problem, I can't plug it into my iPhone with the OtterBox Defender case. The Scosche plug head is to big, so I have to either take the phone out of the case or shave the plug head sides down some. Now I'm thinking I should have just bought the Apple cable because if its plug head is the same as the USB cable that came with my iPhone, then I know it will work fine with my OtterBox Defender case.