Which Vista for New MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by forth-man, Nov 11, 2008.

1. forth-man macrumors newbie

Hi just a quick question from a noob

i have heard of some problems trying to install windows vista on apple comps if there is SP1. Does that mean I have to search for non SP1 vista or is there ways that i can avoid the problem

Thanks

2. glassmen07 macrumors member

I have Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed on my MBP via Bootcamp. No problems. I think you should be ok unless someone else here has experienced something different.

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I use Business since I have no need for the media stuff.

4. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Whoever told you that is full of s**t. Any version of Vista (32/64 bit, Home Basic/Premium/Ultimate, SP1 or non-SP1) will install and work fine. I don't even think you can get a non-SP1 Vista DVD anymore (why you'd want one if the first place is beyond me).

I'd recommend Vista Home Premium 64-bit (which would include SP1 of course), unless you have a specific need.

5. forth-man thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there some problems with drivers with the 64 bit making the installation harder?? or is there no difference

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No difference. I'd recommend not using it at all. Lol. If you do, just get Home Premium, has almost all the features for media.

7. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

No, it's not harder to install 64-bit drivers or applications on Vista 64. And yes, Home Premium would probably work fine for you. Home Basic is, well, too basic and Ultimate is just kinda silly.