Which way should I get my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zackkmac, Jun 16, 2010.

1. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

Okay, so through all the mess yesterday, I was able to order an iPhone 4 with no trouble whatsoever during my first attempt with AT&T, somewhere around noon CST. Like a lot of people, I didn't receive a confirmation email (still haven't) and my order number didn't seem to validate on their order status.

Today, it has worked, but it shows my order date as 06/16/2010 which is not true...does this mean I won't get it on the 24th?

If not, I have 2 reservations. One with the Apple Store a couple of hours away, and one with RadioShack. RS told me that I was number 3 to reserve, but I'm not guaranteed one which doesn't make sense...you would think they'd get more than 2 devices in. :rolleyes:

So, how should I do it? Should I just pick one up at RadioShack and return my AT&T order if it comes in that day? The Apple Store option is out of the question for me, my mom won't go with me to pick it up and she needs to be there to sign the contract. But she will go to RadioShack with me. I could also try Best Buy, but when I called a few hours ago, they already had 28 people who pre-ordered.

2. TonyJack macrumors newbie

From what I've heard, the delivery date for AT&T has been pushed back to July 2nd. You could try and brave the lineups and return the iPhone that you got from AT&T. I guess it just depends on if you want to wait a week or two to get it.

3. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think I can, I'm going on vacation on the 29th and I want to have it in-hand before then. When does AT&T update my account to show that I'm not able to upgrade - is it after I receive and activate the phone? If not I'd hate to try and buy one locally and then find out they changed my upgrade status because I ordered online.

And I thought the July 2nd date was for people who ordered last night. I ordered sometime right after noon hit central time, I'm hoping that was early enough to catch the June 24th delivery date. I'm kinda not wanting to wait until they ship it to find out the delivery date, but I may have to.