Which web brower do you prefer?

macfevorite

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I am switching over from pc to imac and presently am using MSN as myweb browser and comcast cable as my provider. My MSN would alway freeze up, sooo I'm looking for a change. Recommendations, please?

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Web Browsing: Safari/Camino, probably just Camino when version 1.1 brings RSS support.

Email - Mail, I've been using Thunderbird too but prefer Mail.

macfevorite

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Sounds like safari and mail is the way to go. I am such a newbie. One more question, I also have ordered .mac, will I be able to use my treo and ical and imac and synch them all. Right now I sych my treo and use it for addresses and calendar.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
macfevorite said:
Sounds like safari and mail is the way to go. I am such a newbie. One more question, I also have ordered .mac, will I be able to use my treo and ical and imac and synch them all. Right now I sych my treo and use it for addresses and calendar.
I don't know how well a Treo talks to an iMac, but you don't use .mac for device syncing. You use iSync - free with OSX - to sync your address book, calendars etc. to your device.

.mac provides syncing of bookmarks, address book, iCal etc. between Macs.

Check out the iSync part of the Apple website for specific information on supported devices. There is also a program called "The Missing Sync" if yours isn't iSync-supported.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Safari is proven in benchmarks to be significantly faster than all browsers, except OmniWeb, which is payware.

macfevorite

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Chundles said:
I don't know how well a Treo talks to an iMac, but you don't use .mac for device syncing. You use iSync - free with OSX - to sync your address book, calendars etc. to your device.

.mac provides syncing of bookmarks, address book, iCal etc. between Macs.

Check out the iSync part of the Apple website for specific information on supported devices. There is also a program called "The Missing Sync" if yours isn't iSync-supported.
Thanks, I checked out iSync.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I've tried Safari, Firefox and Opera and my favourite is Safari for its clean (and stable) interface, easy bookmarking features and overall speed.

Firefox comes close, but the UI feels flakey if that makes any sense, but it has a better page searching.

Opera is cool if you're a web developer.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Safari, OmniWeb, Netscape and iCab. Not necessarily in any order and for different functions.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
I'm a big fan of Camino. I've tinkered with other browsers, but I keep coming back to Camino.

Chundles said:
Web Browsing: Safari/Camino, probably just Camino when version 1.1 brings RSS support.

Email - Mail, I've been using Thunderbird too but prefer Mail.
Chundles, Camino 1.1 won't bring RSS support, it only has a handler- like mailto: goes to Mail.app, the RSS will go to an RSS reader, whether Safari or NetNewsWire or something else.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Wouldn't this be better if there was apoll?? You could have Safari, Firefox, Camino, Opera, Netscape, Internet Explorer etc on it
My vote is Sfari.