Which weeks are supposed to heavy yellow screens?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alexjones, Mar 31, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

2. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

3. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

My Aquarius was horribly yellow but my new Pisces is great!

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'm loving my Aries.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

I honestly don't think any are supposed to have yellow screens no matter what week they were manufactured on. They are all supposed to be the same.

7. jbimler macrumors regular

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

My screen is good, so I never bothered to check what week I have. But I am guessing it has nothing to do with the week and everything with the luck of the draw.

9. Abandapart82 macrumors member

10. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

11. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

It's a temporary condition, and occurs when the glue used to attach the glass has not fully cured. The same thing happened when the iPad 2, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S were initially released. As the glue fully cures, the yellow will fade away.

12. magnusforza macrumors newbie

I've had mine for over two weeks now. It has since improved, but the tint is there, and it's uneven. The tint is not uniform, which is extremely annoying.

13. brand macrumors 601

brand

I find it hard to believe that it is the glue that attaches the digitizer to the screen since the digitizer is not glued to the screen like it was on the iPad 2, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S. It must truly be magical device for something that doesn't even exist on the iPad 3 to be causing the issue.

Uninformed user is uninformed.

14. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Simply not true. I've seen three different ones get a slightly more neutral white after a few days use. I have no idea if due to glue or fairly dust, but it did happen to mine.

However most of the people here complaining about their screens would still be unhappy no matter what.

15. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

Is week 8 on the problem list? Its been 13 days and i do notice an improvement

16. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

You guys complaining about yellow tint realize this forum color is a bit yellow right? If you spend all day on here, you would think you had a "yellow screen" lol :D

17. brentsg macrumors 68040

There is no valid problem list.

18. brand macrumors 601

brand

You really show how much you don't have a clue when you say that it is not true then go on to say that you have no idea if it is due to glue or fairly dust? Given that there is no glue it must be fairly dust (whatever that is) according to you.

19. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I'm explaining (apparently not simple enough for someone like you) that no matter the reason at least some screen do change their color temperature some after a few days usage. I guess that wasn't simple enough for you. Your claim that the user was uninformed is B.S. just like this post of yours.

20. brand macrumors 601

brand

Oh so when the user claimed it was the glue, that doesn't exist on the iPad 3, means he was informed? I guess your not very good at explaining.

21. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

----------
    You have no clue what you're talking about... From the iFixit teardown:

See, I'm not the one who is uninformed...

22. brand macrumors 601

brand

Actually you are still uninformed because I specifically mentioned a different glue that was used on the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and the iPad 2 and that is not used on the iPad 3. I did not mention and was not referring to the glue that is used on the edge of the glass to secure it to the case since that glue does not effect the view. The more you try to show that you are informed or know what you are talking about the more you show your true colors.

23. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

So let me get this straight: you claim it's a different glue, yet people from The Verge, TechCrunch, PC World, MacWorld, C|NET, iFixIt, etc. have all stated that it is the same glue AND PROCESS used with these other products. Yet somehow I'm the "misinformed" one? Where did you get the information that it was a different glue used with the new iPads?

I'm starting to think you're nothing more than a troll who resorts to insults because you have no proof to support your claims.

24. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

I have Week 8, a little yellow bleed on some edges, but I believe the screen is a perfect white.