which wii game should i buy first?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by furcalchick, Nov 4, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

yes, it's another one of those threads. i'm hoping to have a wii in my hands next week, and i know i'll have wii sports to keep me busy for a while, but that's not going to last me three months, that's for sure. i'm looking for a game that has great single player replay value for the first one and i narrowed down my first game to three choices.

sonic and the secret rings
    trauma center: second opinion
    wario ware: smooth moves

i'm open to some suggestions as well for any games that will be released by black friday expect the following:

super paper mario (will be buying later, rpg'ed out right now with playing final fantasy xii for over a month)
    metroid prime 3 (have yet to play mp2 and want to finish that game first)
    super mario galaxy (getting it later)

thanks for helping!!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3 titles which all are ok but all have flaws keeping them from being anything special at all.

Wario is great fun and makes great use of the remote, but the fun doesnt last long before you have seen everything the game has to offer.

good game but limited...

Sonic is ok. It's one of the better sonic in 3D games, but there are serious problems with it too. The reversing sections and backtracking with the remote doesnt work great, and some of the levels are really quite badly designed.

ok game, worth a rental, but a purchase ? meh!

trauma center is a great title and makes fantastic use of the controllers but......... after you have performed a number of operations it all becomes a little samey. But a good game nether the less.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd go for Warioware out of all them. It's a riot! very mad game and theres lots to unlock. Game really opens up when you get the multiplayer mode.

That said it might be a little too mad. It won't convert anyone to the Warioware cause either so if you didn't like the older games then I'd avoid this too.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

None on the list are outstanding games but I would go for trauma center: second opinion.

If you are into the mini game things then wario is your game but IMO those games are no fun by yourself and I don't live with a bunch of people.

Trauma center is a good game for single player.

Bless