Which windows is the best to use for bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vickyis2vicious, Nov 11, 2008.

1. vickyis2vicious macrumors newbie

I'm planning sooner or later to get windows for my mac using bootcamp but don;t know which? Vista or XP? and which ones out of all those versions. I'll be basically using it for games like sims 3.;D

-vicky

2. iPhonePhan macrumors regular

Easy, none. ;)

XP has better performance, but Vista plays well on the MBP. In fact, the MBP still smokes most of the other Pee-Cee laptops in performance with Vista, so you're good to go.

I wonder if anyone can get Windows 3.1 to run on Bootcamp, at least for shitz and gigglez. :)

3. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Haha, I had Windows 98 running in VMware the other day. It's deliciously disgusting!

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

XP Pro SP3 works well. I run it in Fusion with nary a problem. Bootcamp should net similar results.

If you want to walk on the wild side I would recommend Windows ME.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Depends on the specs of your Mac and which model.

Hahahaha.
    Nice one.
    Or, maybe Windows NT... it was mainly used as the first Windows OS with security but it sucked nadds by far!

6. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

im getting a new macbook and going to use vista (4gb ram!) woohoo, dont need the power of the pro as im a photoshop user and want to get a massive monitor with the money ill save (im typing this on the 12" pb in my sig haha) so the mb will be hardcore in comparison :D