Which Windows Works?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MikeRDar, Dec 2, 2007.

1. MikeRDar macrumors newbie

Hey folks,
    After a prolonged jaunt to the dark side, I have finally returned to the light :apple:with a 15" MBPro, 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 160gb hardrive, etc.:D

I'm looking to set up bootcamp/windows exclusively for some high performance games (BF2142 to be specific) that are not running well under cider. So which version should I go for... XP home? XP pro? Vista (insert one of many ridiculous versions here)? :confused:

It'll need internet access and peripherals for games. Not a whole lot else though I hope, I want to keep it very bare bones for speed, and I don't want to have to make a very large partition.

Thanks!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

unless your games require Vista to run go with XP it will be faster than Vista.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

For gaming I'd suggest XP Pro (needs to be SP2).

4. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

unless there is some Vista only feature you need (which I can't think of any) XP is the only way to go IMO.

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Another vote for XP. I'm going to get Vista on the hopes that the drivers will magically improve, but until then, XP is faster.