Which Wireless Charger? Im clueless and losr

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TunaTaint, Sep 27, 2017.

1. TunaTaint macrumors newbie

TunaTaint

If you have bought one please recommend one to me. I know the two on the Apple store (Belkin/Mophie)

Other than those I am so lost when I look at qi chargers on Amazon

USB C connector better? Which Adapter if not included.

Thanks in advance

2. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

Whichever one looks the nicest? It doesn't matter, they all work.

3. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

I have one similar to this and that blue light at the bottom is BLINDING during the night. I literally have to like unplug it, or turn it around. I didn't think it would be an issue at the time, but it's annoying!

4. phillytim macrumors 65816

phillytim

Throw a little piece of black tape over the LED?

5. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

True, I didn't think of that! D'oh. Anyway, I don't like the black stand anymore, only got it cos it was the cheapest at the time. I've just ordered Samsung's white charging pad to replace it!

6. DaveOP macrumors 65816

7. fmalloy macrumors 6502

I bought the Belkin Boost Up. It's pricey at $60USD but I felt if Apple endorses it, it would be high quality and reliable.

It works well, comes with the power adapter, and will support 7.5W charging, keep that in mind. The cheaper ones are 5W max and you supply your own wall adapter. It will surely charge at a a slower rate than your Apple-supplied 5V adapter due to the inductive power loss.

The Boost Up is a bit big, looking like a saucer spaceship. If you have a non-Plus phone, it seems bigger than it needs to be.

I also ordered a cheapo Choetech Circle Qi at $14 from Amazon. Will try that and compare. But it won't do 7.5W fast charging and although it comes with the cord, you supply your own adapter.

8. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

After seeing this video and looking at both in the Apple store I went with the Mophie. The Mophie has a bit better styling for bedside use with no LED lights and there is a lot of talk about the Belkin making a ticking noise while in use. Oh and the Belkin cable is shorter as well.

9. fmalloy macrumors 6502

I bought the Belkin yesterday and charged it overnight. I didn't notice any ticking noise, but I have a sound machine in the room for sleeping which would mask it.

Now I'm worried - when I get home I'll try it in a quiet room.

10. mrklaw macrumors 68020

I want something with a decent sweet spot and then explore options around mounting it under my bedside table, by leaving just a thin veneer above it so it can still charge through. I don’t want some big object on my night table - wouldn’t prefer to stick with the lightning dock in that case.