Which wireless clip-on mic?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Chris7, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Chris7 macrumors 6502

Hello,

I’m looking for a wireless clip-on mic set up to video a subject giving a training. I have never done something like this before and I'm wondering which mic(s) would you suggest? (I do not yet know my price range, because I do not yet know where the most bang for the buck is.)

I was wanting to order Monday because I need it by Wednesday.

Many thanks for your help,

Chris

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Depending how much money you have got, are you looking for 100 quid or more than 300?? cos creative do sets for like 50 quid maybe. But on the other hand sennheiser do professional grade stuff which can go further, and has better converters etc :)

PTP

3. Chris7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Many thanks for the response. I suppose somewhere between $100 and $300 would work. Looking for the kind of mic that clips on to someone's clothing, is wired to a box on their belt, and is wireless from there.

4. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

The other way to go is to place a small digital recorder on the person. No radio. This does not work if the mic needs to drive a PA system but if you are just making a video it's an option.

You will need some kind of recording device and a cable from the receiver to that device. If you look at the recorder (what ever it is you are using) it will have some kind of input jack. What is it? Knowing this would help you decide which system to buy.

One more thing. Must you use a wireless system? Many times you can drop the wire to the floor out of view of the camera. This would allow you to use a better quality mic and stil stay in budget.