which wireless product should i get?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ibabysue, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ibabysue macrumors newbie

Please help me!!! i can't decide which wireless product to get :(

I'm stuck between choosing the Airport Express with Airtunes or the Wirless card!! please help me... which one is better for wireless?!?! thanks!!

2. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

i dont understand? what is it your trying to do? Do you want to create a new wireless network, or connect your computer to an existing wireless network?

3. ibabysue thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm deciding which one to get and i can't decide which one is a better deal the wireless card or airport express

4. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

they both have different functions, so one of them isnt going to suit your needs.

Airport express can be used to extend the range of an existing wireless network, or create a new wireless network from a wired access point.

A wireless card will connect your computer to an existing wireless network.

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

The wireless card won't do much good if you don't have a wireless router with it, like the Airport Extreme/Express, because they connect your computer to a router which then connects you to the internet or network. So unless your computer already has a built in wireless card, you will need to get the wireless card and the Airport Extreme or Express.

6. ibabysue thread starter macrumors newbie

oh... i might just get the airport express even tho its more expensive but i guess its worth it