which would be a safer place for delivery

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I am torn between having my computer delivered to my home where my neighborhood is dodgy, their has been some thefts, & having it delivered to my mom's work office, where someone at the front desk can sign for it.

which would be safer? I know I have asked this question in various forms folks, be patient, this is a big ticket purchase for me, & I want to be sure it goes all right.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you'll be home the entire day when it is out for delivery, just have it delivered to your house. If not, have it delivered to your mother's work.

3. xobleedinglovee macrumors newbie

You can always have delivered to a local delivery warehouse/sorting facility.

4. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Either place works as long as it the delivery is set up for 'Signature only' and not left at your door. If you can't be home then sent it to your Mother's place of work and drop by to pick it up.

I live in a okay area with a security door and I know my UPS driver who sometimes leaves packages at my door which seems safe since I live on the top floor. Nonetheless, I have had two expensive packages robbed with the most recent last year for a $500 lens. A box labeled Apple computer is a box labels 'steal me.' Be safe not sorry!!!

5. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

You're asking - "Where should I have my computer delivered, somewhere safe or unsafe"?

What do you think???
    :rolleyes: