Which would suit me best??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gimmeiphone, Jan 23, 2010.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

i am a little unsure what machine would suit my needs best, i was thinking the 21.5 imac with 256 graphics card, i will be doing a little bit of hd video editing, playing sims 3, photoshop, after effects, and all the rest of the normal stuff.just worried about the yellow tinge thing and the bad hds?

2. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

I wouldn't worry! The 256mb graphics card is perfect for your needs. This iMac will serve you, well.

Good luck,

Habitus :apple:

3. iMacThere4Iam macrumors regular

21.5" iMac is a Sleeper Bargain, IMO

All the attention goes toward the 27" iMac, but for $1199, the 21.5" is a bargain. I was shocked to see such a difference in screen clarity and color depth between the new 21.5 and my one year old beloved 24" iMac. If I had the money on me at the time, I would be typing this on the new machine, and my 24" iMac would be on eBay. The display really is stunning. Enjoy.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Whether you buy a new or a refurb machine, they both come with a one-year warranty. Take a look at the refurbs - they'll save you money AND they've been tested twice for issues :p.

5. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

well il be getting it in uk, with my education discount, when does the free ipod promo kick in? just dont know whether to wait for the yellow screen thing to dissipate really want one now tho i have a netbook as my main machine, not easy when your at university lol

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

UK student deal usually kicks off the school year in the fall (where the US deal is all summer). A netbook is a drag for screen size - can you beg an external monitor off somebody to give you some more screen real estate when you're back in your room?

7. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

its not only the screen but the lack of power too, cant do anything lol i wana throw out the window sometimes, its a dell mini running leopard, want the real thing though :eek: have the money just dont want to spend over £1000 if its gona have a dodgy screen