Which would you get

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by a sandwhich, Feb 22, 2010.

1. a sandwhich macrumors member

Ok, I have two options, first one is to wait till they release the next mac pro and get it, and the second is to build my own computer with $2500. The build my own computer costs less and will probably be more powerful, but I do a lot of developing and I wouldn't be able to develop iPhone apps or other widgets. I love osx and hate 7, but a lot of my programs are for windows only, although I could do a boot camp for an extra 50. If you were in my situation, what would you do?

2. mafiaman macrumors newbie

Personally, I would wait to get the next mac pro. Supposedly it is going to get several needed upgrades. I currently use bootcamp on my mac pro and it runs much better than on most pc's in my house. It is also worth the extra money because mac os x runs smoothly and doesn't hog up a lot of memory allowing you to do a lot of stuff and once and with all the memory you can put in a mac pro you will never be able to use it all.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Seems like an odd choice. Either you want a Mac or you want a PC. I don't think too many people here want a PC and use them only when absolutely necessary. However, if you go for the MP I'd wait for the new ones to be announced. I'm waiting with baited breath myself as my current MP is 4 years old.

4. Zyniker macrumors 6502

"with bated breath" ;)

5. a sandwhich thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm. With parallels or vmware is it easy to transfer files between the windows os and the mac os? Like lets say I'm running cs4 in parallels on 7 and maya on mac, would I be able to easily send a file to it, or drag and drop or is that even possible?

6. mafiaman macrumors newbie

I used to have VMware on my mac and I believe they had some kind of drag and drop interface in the app that made it easy to do that kind of stuff. You might want to check there website to see if they have any information on it.

7. a sandwhich thread starter macrumors member

8. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Drag and drop works smoothly using VMWare for me.