Which Year will Apple put Pencil Support and 3D Touch in the Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Feb 3, 2016.

1. augustya, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016

augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

When do you guys think? Which year? will Apple put in pencil support and 3D touch both in the iPad Air? 2017? When will be the time, When both these things will be there in the Air !

2. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Pencil I think will be for pro only and 3D Touch not sure since the pro didn't even get it yet. This is my opinion of course.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

I am saying which year will it have both these things together?

4. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

5. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

3D and pencil NEVER

6. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

The availability of the Pencil is constrained. I don't see it coming in to the Air for at least a year.

The availability of 3D touch screens is even more constrained and beset by production problems.. I don't see it coming to the Air for at least a year.

Further out than that my crystal ball does not reveal.

7. bensisko macrumors 65816

I don't know that Pencil availability would affect if they put it in the Air 3 or not, especially since supplies seem to be getting better.

Having said that, I don't think we'll see 3D Touch in the Air 3 - I'm thinking that may be a "Phone Only" feature. The Pencil, though, may be possible. It would be weird, but not unheard of, to have it in the Air but not the mini.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think Apple will keep the pencil for the Pro lineup only.

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I don't think it possible to have both the Pencil and have 3D Touch. They both require special screens. And they both add thickness to the screen panel.

Plus it's also unknown if Apple has been able to figure out their 3D Touch tech for the larger screen. iPads on their own use a much different constructed panel than iPhones. There is also the thing of iPads not having a vibrate motor (the old one or the new Taptic Engine) they would have to developer a much larger Taptic Engine module or slap two or more inside an iPad/iPad Pro. Which takes up valuable space.

10. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Having asked what I asked about when will Apple put Pencil Support and 3D Touch in the Air, I am just a normal user of the internet, neither I am a artist nor am I a graphic designer, so I seriously can't imagine what for will I use the pencil for? So the question that comes to my mind here is, do I seriously need a pencil ? also does an average user needs and care about a pencil in the Air ? One who really wants it, can always opt for the Pro for that.

11. BallparkDreamer macrumors regular

Both? Never. Pencil? 2018 at the earliest, but I don't think it will get Pencil support at all.

12. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

If you are really i a hurry to see these upgrades, the best thing you could do is buy me the most current version. Within 24 hours they will announce the upgrades!

13. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

14. iMacmatician macrumors 601

My guesses:

Pencil: 2016
    3D Touch: 2017 or 2018

15. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

16. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

For me, Personally I see the use of 3D touch more ever than a Pencil, it is seldom that I am gonna use a pencil but 3D touch can be a useful thing which can be used by everyone over a period of time, Pencil not so much ! So more than the pencil it should have 3D Touch.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I think the pro is more likely to get 3D Touch first than the air. I feel like apple have the pro as their number 1 tablet

18. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

So which means this year Pro will have 3D touch and Next year it will come to the Air !! :eek: