Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

which?

• Total voters

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
1602703667943.png

which shade of BLUE you like better?

mosesa

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
I will have to see them in person to decide. In the pictures, I lean toward the color on the non pro version. But, it doesnt really matter, I am ordering the pro, so I get what I get, lol.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Here’s a real life pic of both. GMA did an exclusive first hands on! Going graphite pro now.... I wish the 12 blue was the pro blue.
View attachment 966632

If this accurate, the Pro definitely looks better, however, I’d really like it to look more like the pics on the Apple site. Pacific Blue is an ocean blue color. Those look more cobalt blue.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
I hope we get to see more hands-On videos tomorrow.. i still have no idea, what the colors really look like. The seem completely different on all the pictures.

Even the GMA video doesn't make it easy to see it.

In "real world" Apple events, the press usually got to go hands-on right after the unveiling and post videos of it. i hope they found a way to give some people the chance to show them before the pre-order starts.

Nextup12

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2018
Looks like I’m in the minority, but going to be really disappointed if that’s how the Pro looks. Really like the more teal blue that appear in the website renders.
I completely agree. I really like the muted/understated blue in the website renders with the teal accents. I personally find the more royal blue on the 12 to look a bit cheap and that photo makes both look like royal blue.

I'm hoping the blue on the 12 Pro is darker kind of like the midnight green from last year.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
It is unfortunate that Apple didnt choose to go with a true dark / navy blue on any of the phones. In 30/40 years I’m not sure if Apple has made a navy blue product of any kind outside of cases and such (ironically the new blue Apple watch is the closest - that blue beats either of these phones)

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Neither blue really looks all that great to me. From the pictures, I think red looks the best on the non-pro, and graphite on the pro. My next choice would probably be white or green in non-pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ollé
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.