While buying/Downloading album lost power ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by westernmass, Aug 8, 2008.

1. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

I have a friend that was buying his first albumn on iTunes for his new Iphone 3g and in the process he lost power. When the power came back and he went back to itunes it showed only 3 songs of the 34 song set uploaded. He tried looking at purchased songs and it shows nothing he said he tried calling Apple and they said that is an itunes thing he check online to find support. He tried http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/download/ and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1725?viewlocale=en_US and niether helped. Does anyone know what he should do or who he could call to try to and get this resolved? He is new to iTunes and I don't want this to be his first experience. :eek:

2. JeffMonty macrumors member

Have him open iTunes, then click Store on the Menu Bar. There's an option to 'Check for Purchases' there. It allows you to download songs that you have purchased that haven't been downloaded to your system yet. That should work. If not, email the iTunes support, they're usually pretty good about stuff like that.

3. claycrow macrumors newbie

Here, in the flesh

I am the "friend" spoken of here. This is a thoroughly aggravating situation. As you know, my download may have been interrupted by a power outage. The main thing here is there is no response to my problem. I have been through the whole "Purchase History"..."select the songs that didn't download"..."report a problem", etc several times.
    No responses from Apple. Also, they say you can select the songs that didn't download and make a "report". Wouldn't you know, there are no arrows to choose songs with. Just a list.
    I have also called apple to hear that they only have iTunes support online. This is pointless if there is no response.
    I received only four of the 30 songs I purchased.

:mad::mad::mad:

Attached Files: