Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
... Those non-developers who couldn't wait and forked out $99/ downloaded buggy software must be sitting there bored stiff, while the rest of us wait like it's Christmas Eve for a free, finished copy which is still exciting to us.

Patience is a virtue and it's a loooong wait now for iOS 8.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
... Those non-developers who couldn't wait and forked out $99/ downloaded buggy software must be sitting there bored stiff, while the rest of us wait like it's Christmas Eve for a free, finished copy which is still exciting to us.

For me its still a very exciting day! Yeah I have iOS 7 but the App updates are very exciting

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

I'm looking forward to the app updates :)

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK

You don't need a dev account to install GM version and don't have to pay anything at all. It may be not ethical or whatever but GM is not beta and you can't label that as buggy firmware,.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

They've been having fun for 3 months already while you were...yeah, exactly.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
Company paid for mine. This BETA was by far the most stable I've used. So I see it as I've had it sooner and enjoyed using it for longer.

If anything I'm smug enough to laugh at those cursing the slow downloads and the time it's going to take them to upgrade.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010

Or we beat the rush. Enjoy not being able to download the update when the servers get hammered. :)

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
why pay lol. all you need to do is update to firmware 6.1.4 then download the GM then hit option on your key then click update and you are good to go

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
The process is a bit more complicated for the beta releases.

what complicated? if you started on beta you can even update via OTA up to beta 6 except GM which is you can download everywhere then that's the time you do on itunes

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Not really, I had all 6 betas + the GM, and the process has been ctrl+update for all of them. I myself had a registered UDID, so I did fresh installs anyways.
what complicated? if you started on beta you can even update via OTA up to beta 6 except GM which is you can download everywhere then that's the time you do on itunes

I was strictly referring to the betas. It's not difficult in any sense of the word, but you do need to go through some extra hoops to install it if you not a developer.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012

Many of us experienced our Apple party on the 10th when we installed the GM. Today is just the after party as now everyone will get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.