While others are getting ipads shipped early..mine is now later!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by julianna1973, Apr 6, 2011.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

My delivery date has changed to 2 days later!! Im surprised at this as it seemed likely it would be despatched earlier at the rate things were going!! This is the first date change on my order!:(

2. zerox17virus macrumors member

3. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I have ordered it in US. Order date was March 16th

4. zerox17virus macrumors member

5. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

It changed from 23rd until 25th April

6. zerox17virus macrumors member

wow.
    I ordered on March 25th International release date in UK,
    and mine arrives 1 day after yours (April 26 well hopefully) and you have ordered 9 days before me.
    I hope mine doesn't delay.

7. HighEndMac macrumors regular

If it makes you feel any better i ordered few hours into the day after the launch and i still have not got mine!:mad:

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If you ordered it on 16th, then you need to cool off. I ordered mine on 14th and I still don't have mine yet.

When you ordered it, it was suppose to be 4-5 weeks wait time. So, that delivery time is just about right. Shame that they are not coming any faster, but it is not delayed at all means. All of these dates are estimates and they are subject to change.

9. bender0069 macrumors member

I'm sure it's because the 23rd is a Saturday. Mine changed today too from the 23rd to the 25th, but I also got my status upgraded to Prepared to ship. My original order was on the 16th just like you. I'm sure you will get the same statue change soon and your ipad will be here way before he 25th

10. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I ordered in the 4-5 week time frame but NOW it's 2-3. So an order placed now would arrive the same time as my original order from 3 weeks ago? No way.

I called Apple. They said estimated dates are not going to change to sooner and that the iPads would just SHIP. Orders ship in the order they were placed based on model availability, meaning you're in queue with all the people who ordered the same model as you.

I ordered the 16th (64gb Black AT&T 3G) and 16th orders started going to Prepared to ship as early as yesterday. Mine hasn't switched yet, but based on others it will switch and ship by weeks end.

Bottom line, Apple wouldn't do that, it's probably an error, your item will ship earlier than that estimate says.

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It already has been almost more than 3 weeks since most of us ordered. So, any of orders will ship in less than a week. 2-3 weeks order status just changed like yesterday. I never said anyone's order will be delayed from estimated time. So, back off? I ordered way before OP's date and I still haven't received mine yet. So, why is OP crying about 2-3 days delay?

People make threads to just cry. When you actually read it, it was really not necessary.

12. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

what's not necessary is bitching when you already have an order that's shipped. will you get yours before mine or the OPs? **** yeah. who gives a ****? If we'd have been smart enough to order on the 11th instead I'd have mine by now and so would you. I tried my luck at the stores, don't know your reason but who gives a ****. You order later, you wait longer.

of the almost 9k messages on the shipping thread, how many have you seen where shipping times were changed for later? I've been stalking that thread since I ordered and this is a first.

Based on the shipping thread,Every other order after the 11th is shipping BEFORE the original Estimate.

OP is seeking other people with the same situation to be assured somehow the order didn't get ****ed up. What's so wrong with that?

13. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Hey smart arse!! Im not "crying" about 2 days delay. If my iPad wasnt delivered until the original delivery date then no problem but I had been reading posts about earlier ship dates & was hoping the same for mine. I just had not expected the date to change to later instead of earlier!!

14. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Thanks for your support!!

Good news tho, I got an email during the night, my order has now shipped!!

Good luck with yours!!

15. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

Why would you place the order online and complain (knowing how backed up it is) when you can walk into a store and buy it? Some of you I just don't understand. I was at the Apple Store today and they had a few in stock, not sure of which models as I was getting my original iPad replaced and asked the genius if they had any in stock. He said, yes. I have to admit I almost swiped the card but I fought off the temptation, at least for today.

16. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

My family ordered it as a gift for me & I will get it when im there on holiday...BUT... there is no way they were gonna get up early & wait in line for me!!!! Which was still happening & is still happening, most places it is still hard to come by!

17. Homertherat macrumors newbie

My local iPad retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, Radioshack) have very low stock when they do get stock in. Radioshack only gets 1 iPad in per shipment. The nearest Apple store is almost 2 hours away, and I've heard that they sell out every day from people who line up. So, unless I got up at 4 in the morning to drive down to the Apple store, it's very unlikely that I'd get one. My only feasible option was to order online. I knew it would be a wait until it showed up, so I'm patiently waiting for it. From what I've read and the short time I've spend with my friend's iPad, it's worth the wait.

Sometimes it's not as easy as walking in and grabbing one, especially for us people who don't live in hugely populated areas.

18. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Good to hear!

My dates just got pushed to the 25th also! Maybe that means I'll get a shipping notice by Saturday? Who knows. Hoping for an earlier ship date since most european and canadian orders have "ship by" dates of April 15 from what I'm reading in the main shipping thread, and if Apple is true to it's word (orders ship in the order they're received by model) then I should ship before then at least.

19. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Try MacConnection. I ordered a black 64 ATT from them yesterday and it shipped today (!)

20. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

^thats a nice family you got there.

21. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I'm shipped and stuck at Lantau for the weekend until the Monday cargo flights roll around. the 25th thing was just cause Apple didn't preprogram weekends into it's initial shipping estimates. confirmed with a rep that the pushback was only cause no orders would be delivered on a saturday and they always push back not forward just in case.