While playing games battery % goes gown

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dweebii, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dweebii macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a macbook pro 4, it has been working great for 4 years.
    But since 2 weeks or so when im playing a game in windows, my charge % goes down while it is in the charger. If i dont stop it will put itself to sleep :(

If i dont stop it will put itself to sleep :(, when i stop playing the battery % slowly goes up again.

I use the my mac for work everyday in os X and never have a problem like this in os x.

How come it uses battery % when it is in the charger while palying a game in windows 7??

Hope you guys can help me out :eek:

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yes you can be doing things that are such a strain on battery it will drain the battery even while its plugged in with the charger

3. dweebii thread starter macrumors newbie

But 4 weeks ago i had no problem at all :cool:
    So i my battery old?

4. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

Are you by chance using a new power adapter? Do you have friends with Macs that may be smaller that you might have accidentally switched with? If it's a less powerful adapter, that is one reason you might be losing battery like that.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal for your MBP to draw power from both AC and battery during periods of extreme demand, such as gaming or other multimedia operations. This can cause your battery to stop charging or even drain. Read the AC POWER section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: