While repairing disk permissions, I get these 2 messages:

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Imola Ghost, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Anyone know what I should do to fix this?

2. crewrules101 macrumors member

Ard

The first of the two files that you talked about is a file that has to do with Apple Remote Desktop. Do you have remote desktop set up on your computer? Does maybe an administrator have remote desktop capabilities setup on your machine? The only way that this would change is if the administrator of the Remote Desktop software adjusted settings, which would be changed system wide.

As for the second file I am unsure of what application or file uses it. I will do some research and repost with some suggestions.

Scott

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think I have remote desktop set up but I'm not sure. I'm new to mac's and not sure if it's something I may have set up. I only have one person using this MBP and that's me and therefore is only one administrator.

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I get these warnings too, and I don't have remote desktop set up.

5. crewrules101 macrumors member

desktop services

I am not completely sure what desktop services is, but I will venture to say that based on the research that I did, it has to do with the desktop. It is the framework that allows you to do things in the desktop, like add files, move them around, etc. its an application, though one that is always running.

to resolve both of these issues you might trying booting from the first disk that came with your computer. It is on the OS install disk. You can also use a standalone OS install to do this too. Boot from the CD, and then quit the installer. Go to utilities, and open Disk utility, and then run repair disk, and repair permissions in that order. Then reboot from your hard drive. this might clear up these issues.

6. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

7. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Thanks for that. As an aside, I've always wondered why repairing disk permissions can't happen automatically in the background when necessary. Presumably something to do with admin rights?

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I use a program called Macaroni to setup a schedule for all of my scripts including the standard daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance scripts. I have a "repair permissions" script set to run weekly.

I shutdown or sleep my system at night and I found that the scripts did not run even though they should have when the system was taken out of sleep. Macaroni makes sure they get run and it lets me easily create my own scripts as well.

S-