While running XP in Bootcamp, my Magic Mouse will intermittently stop working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nvog86, Nov 27, 2009.

1. nvog86 macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Intel iMac 20" (2008)
    -OS X 10.6.2
    -Windows XP SP3 (via Boot Camp)
    Intermittent Cursing w/ Magic Mouse
    -I have updated to the latest bootcamp drivers in Windows XP (Boot Camp update 2.2)
    -Magic Mouse will initially connect at startup with no problems (it will left click, right click, move the cursor and even scroll nicely)
    -Magic Mouse will cut out (cursor stops moving on the screen while I'm still physically moving the mouse)
    -It does this every few minutes and will stay un-operational for different durations (sometimes 1 second, sometimes 2 minutes)
    -It usually happens in firefox (which is the only application I ever use when I'm running in Windows mode)
    Any suggestions?

2. bduff9 macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2007
    I have the same issue with a iMac i7 running windows 7 under bootcamp. Though, if I don't use the magic mouse for a minute or two, it seems to turn off, and refuses to turn back on no matter what I do, until I reboot the computer. Any ideas?
  3. dustybob macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2010
    I have the the same problem on my mac mini running windows 7. Intermittently it turns off then on again.
  4. kurtisonxp macrumors newbie

May 13, 2011
    Ive tried on my win xp non-mac and it seems to be working fine at the moment but it was bad before a fresh install. the other thing is that it works fine on the same computer dual-booted into ubuntu so it seems to be windows causing the problem.
  5. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2009
    New York, USA