While running XP in Bootcamp, my Magic Mouse will intermittently stop working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nvog86, Nov 27, 2009.

1. nvog86 macrumors newbie

nvog86

Intel iMac 20" (2008)
    -OS X 10.6.2
    -Windows XP SP3 (via Boot Camp)
    Intermittent Cursing w/ Magic Mouse
    --------------------------------------------
    -I have updated to the latest bootcamp drivers in Windows XP (Boot Camp update 2.2)
    -Magic Mouse will initially connect at startup with no problems (it will left click, right click, move the cursor and even scroll nicely)
    -Magic Mouse will cut out (cursor stops moving on the screen while I'm still physically moving the mouse)
    -It does this every few minutes and will stay un-operational for different durations (sometimes 1 second, sometimes 2 minutes)
    -It usually happens in firefox (which is the only application I ever use when I'm running in Windows mode)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Nick

2. bduff9 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with a iMac i7 running windows 7 under bootcamp. Though, if I don't use the magic mouse for a minute or two, it seems to turn off, and refuses to turn back on no matter what I do, until I reboot the computer. Any ideas?

3. dustybob macrumors newbie

I have the the same problem on my mac mini running windows 7. Intermittently it turns off then on again.

4. kurtisonxp macrumors newbie

Ive tried on my win xp non-mac and it seems to be working fine at the moment but it was bad before a fresh install. the other thing is that it works fine on the same computer dual-booted into ubuntu so it seems to be windows causing the problem.

5. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny