While Unjailbreaking, restore was interrupted, resulting in recovery mode. Lose Data?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jentster, Jul 7, 2011.

1. jentster macrumors newbie

While attempting to unjailbreak my iphone 3gs, the phone fell off the table, breaking the connection with the cord. Phone now says it is in recovery mode. I am afraid to proceed because I have countless photos that are irreplaceable. Is there any way around this? I am limited in my computer skills, so please explain any info to me in a somewhat simple way. My computer does show some type of backup file done on that fateful day, but I'm not sure if it actually backed up before it fell off the cord. Thanks for any info.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

since you should of hit backup before you hit restore it wont matter continue with the restore and your photos should be in your backup

3. jentster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Thing is, I don't remember hitting "Back up". I don't remember it popping up. So, if I did hit backup, I should be fine. But if I didn't, is there any way to get the photos?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

everytime you sync your phone it does a backup in the background so you should have up to the last backup, when restoring its recomended your right click on the device and chosse "backup" to have the most current info backed up

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Your iPhone will sync and create a backup automatically every time you plug it into your computer unless you went into the iTunes settings and manually checked a box that says "Do not allow my iPod, iPad, or iPhone to sync automatically".

Put your iPhone in DFU mode, restore, and the restore from backup afterward. You should and most likely will have all of your pictures since your phone would have synced before you restored it.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

In iTunes, you can right click on the iPhone and choose back up.
    If you didn't back up or sync before hand, you screwed yourself over. :rolleyes:

The only way I know to un JB a phone is to erase it. What were you doing?